Analyst at Orchid Labs
San Francisco | Engineering | Full-time | Updated: April 25, 2019, 9:46 a.m.
Orchid Labs is looking for a Business Analyst to work with us to provide research, analysis, and recommendations to support our business and product goals of reaching a broad, global audience with our technology and product offerings.
This position would be located at Orchid’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- Work with senior management and the Business, Marketing, and Finance teams to prepare and deliver/present lots of research
- Do global research on complex, emergent topics to help inform Orchid management on business and strategy decisions.
- Do scenario planning
- Deep knowledge of and interest in the crypto/blockchain space.
- Strong business analytical skills with experience in spreadsheets (Excel, Google Spreadsheet) and a proven ability to synthesize lots of complex data to create useful and actionable findings
- Very capable with pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to identify ways to address a complicated problem at various levels of depth.
- Ability to self-start work in a fast-moving environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Great presentation skills (both written and verbal) to communicate ideas and findings to internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail, organized self-starter
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, preferably at a start-up, management consulting, or banking
- Bachelor's degree that proves one’s ability to aggregate and make sense of complex sets of information (CS, Engineering, Business/Finance, etc)
Orchid is building a distributed marketplace for computation, storage, and bandwidth to provide a new framework for the Internet. Orchid believes that the Internet is a natural resource that can and should be available for all people, is self-regulated, and creates positive peer-to-peer interactions.
Orchid was founded in 2017 and is made up of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists. The company has raised over $45 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ, Meta Stable, Polychain Capital, Blockchain Capital, Naval Ravikant, etc