App.co Product Lead at Blockstack
New York City | Design & Product | Full-time | Updated: April 30, 2019, 8:13 p.m.
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead App.co, our decentralized app store, and App Mining, our principle growth strategy and funding program sponsored by App.co. This is a critical leadership role in Blockstack ecosystem and will require creative thinking across varied disciplines: Product management, product design, marketplace design, incentive design, app-store mechanics, and game theory.
- Collaborate with leadership, growth, and engineering teams to set strategies and a roadmap.
- Product management and team leadership for App.co and App Mining.
- Define long term KPIs for App.co and App Mining and instrument in our products.
- Drive growth of app quantity and quality on App.co across protocols.
- Engage with our developer community to improve App.co, App Mining, and incentive governance.
- Iterate and improve app registration funnel and developer admin tools.
- Design a first-app discovery funnel to educate and drive user-growth.
- Help build a long-term dedicated design, engineering, growth, and operations team.
- 5-10 years of experience building and leading products: Consumer app ecosystems or marketplaces preferred.
- A proven track record of leveraging product improvement to drive marketplace growth.
- Strong understanding of the decentralized app ecosystem and protocols including technology, competitors, and adoption challenges.
- Experience with marketplace metrics, relevant instrumentation, and making decisions based on data.