Product Marketer at Blockstack
New York City | Growth | Full-time | Updated: April 30, 2019, 8:13 p.m.
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
Blockstack PBC is seeking an experienced Product Marketer to accelerate the adoption of its apps globally. Here's a video our CEO & Head of Product made about why we're looking to fill this role now.
The Product Marketing Lead will roll-out high impact positioning for Blockstack PBC and associated entities. The lead product marketer will create, test, and implement product campaigns to drive developer, stakeholder, and consumer awareness. The Product Marketing Lead will develop go-to-market strategies working across the product lifecycle to influence product visibility from product launch to adoption and beyond. This position is ideal for senior-lead level candidates who excel in creative messaging and analytical testing.
This person will go a step further by being responsible for developing Blockstack’s voice, messaging, and positioning. The role will require working with the growth team to implement best practices, as well as working closely with the executive team to drive functional product marketing vision and implementation.
- Bring an expertise in product marketing to the team, become familiar with Blockstack developers, app users, and shareholders to develop corporate and product messaging and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate across teams to communicate and influence product experience, launch and adoption
- Provide a highly analytical, evidence-based perspective for user adoption and growth
- Establish audience personas and develop relevant messaging for those personas
- Update properties to reflect correct and current product and corporate message
- Execute product launches end-to-end including market research, customer feedback, competitive intelligence, and selecting the right channels for launch
- Liaise with PR firm and other contractors
You have owned and developed product marketing strategy for a new product. You value communication and tight feedback loops with users. You’re familiar with the decentralized ecosystem and passionate about building a new internet for decentralized apps. Experience building go-to-market strategy for a two sided marketplace.
- Strong team leadership and communication skills
- Understanding of how to define emerging technology markets and develop strategies to help build a new market
- Familiarity marketing products for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into compelling messaging for a global audience
- 5-8 years of experience with product marketing or go-to market strategy
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for growing the new internet for decentralized apps
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and creative vision to contribute to the new crypto economy