Senior Python Blockchain Developer at Raiden Network
Berlin | Engineering | Full-time | Updated: April 25, 2019, 10:41 a.m.
brainbot technologies AG is a global tech leader in the blockchain space. The Raiden Network is a blockchain based off-chain payment infrastructure aiming to provide scalable, low latency and cheap token transfers - similar to the Lightning Network, but for Ethereum.
What you’ll be doing
- Help to develop the Raiden Network core protocol and reference implementation
- Program distributed applications and p2p network applications
- Contribute to an open source codebase, i.e. having the ability to show the results of your work to anyone in the world and get it challenged
- Work with the Ethereum blockchain technology, one of the most exciting spaces of applied computer science
Who we are looking for
- You have the ability and curiosity to learn faster than your colleagues - this is more important than your current blockchain knowledge
- You have several years of industry programming experience, ideally in a team of 3+ developers, in at least one other software company
- You have solid experience in Python development
- You enjoy the complexity of game theoretic and mathematical problems
- You are eloquent in git, gitflow and continuous integration (eg. Travis CI)
- You take ownership of what you are working on
- Experience in Solidity or Ethereum smart contracts is a plus but not a hard requirement
- You can communicate fluently in spoken and written English. German language proficiency is a plus
- You participate in code reviews and feel comfortable in an agile development process
- You are proactive and independent and have an optimistic, honest and contrarian personality
What we can offer
You become a member of a team of experts, to work on the revolutionary technology of Turing complete blockchains. The Raiden Network and our other projects are based on this new and challenging technology and aim to have a significant positive impact on society. We offer a stimulating work environment that suits your needs. You will have the chance to discuss your work within a worldwide community.
Additionally, we reward you with the following:
- Flat hierarchies & lots of freedom
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package
- Free fruits, snacks & drinks (beer's always in stock!)
- Frequent collaborative team retreats
- Modern offices
- Free choice of hardware & IDE
- Real agile development
- Ship your code to production & see it influence the ethereum ecosystem
If you are interested, please visit https://raiden.network & https://github.com/raiden-network and contact us here or email email@example.com.