Summer 2019 Engineering Intern at Blockstack
New York City | Engineering | Internship | Updated: April 30, 2019, 8:08 p.m.
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
The role of the Blockstack Engineering Intern is to assist in furthering our mission: enabling a new internet where users' fundamental rights are respected. This internship position reports to the Documentation Engineer.
This is your opportunity to:
• Learn about Blockchain programming
• Use technology, engineering, and creativity to teach
• Gain immersive experience in an innovative open source project
• Help build national and international interest in Blockstack
The responsibilities of the CS Intern responsibilities include:
• Gain a deep knowledge of Blockstack’s Platform and development environment.
• Design and create sample applications that showcase aspects of the Blockstack Platform.
• Unify the sample application environment across all our sample applications.
• Develop ways to test, build, and deploy sample applications when library version change.
• Interact with the Blockstack Engineering team and learn how a professional team interacts.
• Work in an early stage startup environment.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are actively pursuing a degree or certification related to computer science, engineering, math or other CS-related field
• Communication and organizational skills
• Integrity and a demonstrated interest in bettering our world
• Strong time management skills
• This is an hourly paid internship.
• We provide free snacks, drinks and lunch(for days working on-site during lunch time).
• The ideal candidate will be able to commit at least 32 hours each week to the internship
• Prefer applicants in NY or San Francisco Bay area but remote applicants considered