UI Engineer at Blockstack
San Francisco | Design & Product | Full-time | Updated: April 30, 2019, 8:15 p.m.
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
Blockstack is looking for a UI Engineering Partner to help us with front-end design and development. We’re looking to improve our Browser and the on-boarding flow for new users.
This role is ideal for someone who has experience as a generalist, branching across design and development, who can practice pragmatic and efficient decision making to improve and build upon our platform. We're looking for someone with a strong background in UI design, who practices empathy for end users, and has an ability to prototype, design, and implement changes. This is ideal for engineers with prior experience in start-ups, who can work both autonomously and collaboratively, and who value high quality design.
In this role you’ll partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to design elegant, clean, and simple products. We have a remotely distributed engineering team, so excellent communication is required.
Tools we use:
- React Native
- Help to prototype, design, and implement improvements to our new user on-boarding flow and across a number of active web sites and applications
- Help improve appeal and usability of our different products
- Code and deploy new designs in collaboration with our product and engineering teams
- Work in our primarily open source platform, and engage with our open source community
- You have experience in a rapidly growing start-up
- Have a history of autonomous design decision making at technically focused companies
- History of designing and building web products
- You have experience working on design and development in any of the following roles:
- Product Engineer
- Front-end Designer and Developer
- UI Designer/Developer
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Open source experience
- Strong portfolio
- 5+ years professional experience
- Can code and build out designs independently
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to implement designs
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Enthusiasm for hard problems
- Cares about accessibility
- Passion for delivering high-quality designs with quick turnaround times
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment